Skip to main content

My life story

hi friends! I have mentioned few weeks back that I will be sharing with all of you my life story. Here u are! :)

MY LIFE STORY
As a child, I don't like to study. Asking me to study is a big NO-NO. Thus, skipping school was a norm to me. I would always lie to my mother that I had just vomited in my school-bus and ask her to fetch me home when the truth is,nothing like this happened. Being my lovely mother, she never failed to come down each time she receives my call;eventhough she was doubt-filled. This had soon became a habitual act I will do and I will be more regular only when I am in morning session;when my dad will drive me there and I didn;t dared to defy him as he was very fierce.

Things turned worse when I went for my right knee operation;when I was Primary 3 and 5. I literally just go to school for tests and exams knowing little or nothing about the subjects I took as I got to stay at home to rest and recover my knees. Thus, I am seen to many of my friends and classmates in school as a bad girl that does not goes school and that is why I was always a loner whenever I go to school and I suffered from having really low-self esteem. People's views of me was dominating strong then.

Until today,I still can vividly remember this Math Test that I had in primary 3. Everyone of us or rather my classmates was waiting for my math teacher,Mrs Chua to give out the test script.Soon, she came in and said something like this after everyone of us had greeted her.
“okay, I am going to give all of you the test papers except for Seow Hui (me) as she will only waste my 5 cents printing it out.” Am I Sad? No. On the other hand, I was very happy. I sat at my table, laughing quietly at my classmates,who were trying their best to do the questions and I played with my pens.


Thus, due to my poor attendance in school and the lack of the required knowledge, I flunked in my exams,and was ended in EM3 the following year after my streaming.
However,my first day reporting in Pri 5 was the starting of my turning point. I began to have hope in myself after meeting my form teacher, Mdm Norizah. She encouraged me and told the whole class that being in an EM3 class is not the end of the world and that we too, can be someone great. Like whaI i mentioned earlier on, I went for my left knee operation.Thus, for three months or so, my attendance was very low;affecting me again academically. Again,I lied, just to gain her attention, I fell myself down purposefully and cried out like no one's business when she comes over just instantly. While everyone was busy asking how am I and all, deep down in my heart I am rejoicing as she would drive me back home,I was so proud as this is something that not all students caexperienceda.


In the year 2001,living a boring life as a PSLE student and seeing my sister(Jo) otherwise, I got curious. I began to pester her by asking her where she is going. A party she said. I got excitedI(i thought to myself,well,at least that is far better than rotting at home) so asked her to bring me along.Though with some hestitation( I was very good in pestering then.haha!), I was brought to that first party organised by my church(presently). I was so overwhelmed,by people,people and people. I also felt very welcomed into this very big family; thanks to all those who had talked to me before. :)
On the very coming Sunday, I went to church(City Harvest). I felt something that I have not before. The love of God, the peace that I would not be able to find elsewhere. I was overwhelmed and received salvation. Yeah! I thank God! :D


AI i mentioned earlier, it is my curial year to determine if I will be able to go to Secondary 1. I got a lot a lot of help from church friends. They taught me in a different way; without getting so pissed off when I don't understand.Soon, I began to improve in my studies, more and more that I was 1st in class for PSLE,with an aggregate score of 111(7 marks to be able to go NA).Above all, I thank God for a great revival in Gongshang Primary!;Rulan,Yuan Rong,Yong Huat,Jessy..

I believe that this will not be possible without God and also a very close leader of mine then and also today although we don't meet often;Sister Felicia. She has been an great encourager of me and trusts in me when I was accused or something. That is this one time that I actually cried very badly just because of a discman;friend want to borrow,I rejected,she angry,I cried.(it rhymes eh?haha) The first person I thought of is Sister Felicia. Thus I called her and shared with her how much I felt. Felt much relieved after putting down the phone. Little do I know,Sis Felicia actually brought a Chocolate Eclairs and came down all the way to my house just to pass it to me! What a great friend and leader I have! :)

I was and is being taught things that is rarely available.; How to have self-esteem,live a life of victories, handling witdisappointmentsts and all. I was a person that is 'too soft'. To the extent that people loves to use this one word most of the time I am talking to them- huh, to a persothat'sts is 'too loud'. ;stopped while having oral, not other reasons but for being too loud; from a person that is so confident-less,to a person that is bold. I thank my Lord for this! :D

I shall not go into the details, but all I want to say is that all these years its really not me alone going through problems andisappointmentstsItsts God. It have come to me that all the comments from others are so numb to me as that is no longer my greatest concern. Tho I may gone thru countless trails and that life can be real tough,my God is faithful!

Friends,I hope that this sharing of my life story with you today will not impress you how 'good' or bad a person I was but to let you know that God is a God of grace and mercy and that He longs to have a relationship with us.no matter what you are going through or facing now, God still loves you the same and will pick you up, if you are willing to give Him and yourself a chance to. :)

Take care my beloved friends! Jesus loves you and so do I! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

:)

Hi dearest babes and dudes! THANK YOU FOR VISITING THIS BLOG! Really appreciates those of you who still reads this blog of mine... Finally, I have decided to move on to another blogging platform which IMHO, is so much faster and efficient! Definitely x 1000000 will not be deleting this blog which I have started with way back in 2004. Forms so much of my teenager life etc... :) However, for updates, it is time to relink! ;) CLICK HERE to continue to be part of my life (say until very serious like that hor? HA! but yeah, I know you guys do get what I mean! Hehehehe) See ya there! XOXO, JAS

20.10.2010 - A Special Day Indeed

I was just tweeting this (below) as one of the tweets on 20.10.2010 - " 20th Oct'10. Wonders if there would be a lot o newly weds on this dae. Ha. Happy birthdae Germaine!" Surely, as mentioned in news, it was a day where there are a lot of newly weds... but it is also a special day for me!!!! Finally, after a long long long wait, I got my I phone 4!!!! :D:D Currently still waiting for the data plan to be activated. By tmr, I was told! Well, the main purpose of this post is to... THANK ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED IN GIVING ME THE CAPITALAND VOUCHERS! :D Reallyyyyy feel that this gift serves its purpose well! Cos I ended up paying just a lil... :)) so once again, thank you Ken, GX, Rina, Zixiu, Irene, N266 and even my sis!! XOXO Jas

Random Avenue

PTL! completed my faith assignment... but there is lots lots more catching up to do!! JIAYOU JASMINE CHEANG SEOW HUI! hahaha.... reading 'beliver's handbook' now... will i become like this after reading this? (52 chaps) NO, i will not, I know and is so sure! I will be able to be so mightily blessed! Okay, just being really random here, but just wanna cheer myself and you guys up! LET'S DO IT! ;) ok chiong ah!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhahahahaa.....