Skip to main content

Carrying the Cross

[September 13]

E431 had our first discipleship last saturday after our multiplication. I am truly blessed.
Angela shared about a story and it goes something like this…

There is this young lad that had decided to carry a cross on His back, whatever he is doing. Days and years past and he had grown up to be an adult. Now imagine him carrying the cross when he is helping to feed his children, play with them, etc, while carrying the cross on his back. One day he thought to himself: ‘the cross is quite heavy, maybe i should cut part of it to make it lighter.’ so soon, he cut his big and long cross shorter. Moments past and as he got older and older, he kept cutting and cutting the cross to make shorter so as to make it lighter. One day, he climbed up to the cliff and saw God opposite the cliff. God then asked him to take out his cross to lay a connecting path to the opposite side, going where He is. Sadly, when the old man take out the cross, it is too short to pass over to the other side to be with the Lord.

The cross is our commitment for the Lord. As we get more and more complacent, we tend to submit to our flesh by living in our comfort zone and will very often find ourselves cut and cut and cut our commitments in church and everything that we will end out being ’so close, yet so far’ away from the Lord.

Wow!What a great illustration it is. Never allow satan’s work to short change our life with the Lord. Not easy, but He is faithful

Was blown away by Nick Vujicic’s courage and everything. He is just amazing and is a great man of the Lord. Its not about asking God to get us out of the circumstances we are put in, but its about glorifying him when we are put in that circumstance. All in all, i am blessed by his sharing of life till i am speechless. If he can do it, all of us can also! i was being challenged and transformed. its just the battle within our minds..

however, was feeling rather terrible last sat, especially during service as i was down with cough and flu. thank God really that i am able to stay throughout service. it is something too great to miss. so anyway, went to the doctor on tues and he prescribed me a stronger cough medicine this time round. Only left with the ‘a lot of plegme(?) in my throat’ process now. Pls help me pray for complete healing, many thanks!

Proverbs 3:25-26
‘Do not be afraid of sudden terror, nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes, for the Lord will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from being caught.’

this verse was impressed upon me when i read the bible just now… no matter what ’sudden terror’ i am going through, the Lord shall truly be my confidence. How timely i need this verse… although i am down with cough and flu, i shall be healed in Jesus’ name!

want to attack my physical body at this important period of final revision? no way, satan. you will not have your way.

left with about month’s time to my o lvls… Woo…looking forward to the last day of paper and to go back to serving Him without these hurdle..

Dear God, let me shine so brightly for you…amen and amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

:)

Hi dearest babes and dudes! THANK YOU FOR VISITING THIS BLOG! Really appreciates those of you who still reads this blog of mine... Finally, I have decided to move on to another blogging platform which IMHO, is so much faster and efficient! Definitely x 1000000 will not be deleting this blog which I have started with way back in 2004. Forms so much of my teenager life etc... :) However, for updates, it is time to relink! ;) CLICK HERE to continue to be part of my life (say until very serious like that hor? HA! but yeah, I know you guys do get what I mean! Hehehehe) See ya there! XOXO, JAS

20.10.2010 - A Special Day Indeed

I was just tweeting this (below) as one of the tweets on 20.10.2010 - " 20th Oct'10. Wonders if there would be a lot o newly weds on this dae. Ha. Happy birthdae Germaine!" Surely, as mentioned in news, it was a day where there are a lot of newly weds... but it is also a special day for me!!!! Finally, after a long long long wait, I got my I phone 4!!!! :D:D Currently still waiting for the data plan to be activated. By tmr, I was told! Well, the main purpose of this post is to... THANK ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED IN GIVING ME THE CAPITALAND VOUCHERS! :D Reallyyyyy feel that this gift serves its purpose well! Cos I ended up paying just a lil... :)) so once again, thank you Ken, GX, Rina, Zixiu, Irene, N266 and even my sis!! XOXO Jas

Random Avenue

PTL! completed my faith assignment... but there is lots lots more catching up to do!! JIAYOU JASMINE CHEANG SEOW HUI! hahaha.... reading 'beliver's handbook' now... will i become like this after reading this? (52 chaps) NO, i will not, I know and is so sure! I will be able to be so mightily blessed! Okay, just being really random here, but just wanna cheer myself and you guys up! LET'S DO IT! ;) ok chiong ah!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhahahahaa.....