Skip to main content

Inferiority

[31st Aug]

Happy Teacher’s Day to Mrs Liu, Mr Ong and to all the teachers that had taught me right from the start, to who is teaching me now. My class rocks. They really do. Though as nonsense as they can get all the time, i really treasure all of the times we had together. Love you guys! Lets fight our best for this last lap! We can do it…

So was walking down the stairs with classmates to go home… and i saw 4 of my ex classmates talking to Mr Lee. Thus, they also had spotted me almost immediately when i looked at them. The moment we exchanged eyes contacts, the sense of inferiority got over me. They have graduated from Ngee Ann 2 years ago and i am still here…

Many asked…

People: How old are you?

Me: 18 this year

People: oh, then which school they are in now?

Me: I am in Ngee Ann Sec

People: ohhhh. and then stood in silence after i broke the ice.

Yes, i am still human after all and although i did not say much,it hurts.

now you may ask me when am i still in Ngee Ann Secondary. Well, this is my 6th year in this school. I was in Normal Technical stream from 2002 to 2004. Thank God, i managed to top my class in 2004 and was offered the chance to go to Normal Academic. I was confused at first whether or not to take up this offer. After much encouragements like: ‘this is a great opportunity, go for it’, ‘this is great, don’t miss it’, etc from my close friends and loved ones, i decided to give it a shot.

it is easier to say it than to have it done. I cried the first day in school after school reopened as all my close friends like Hwee Jun, and Bestie, Melissa is no longer with me all the time. During recess, when i go look for them, teases from my ex-class would just come. I was challenged emotionally and academically, from small to large extents, and from large to small extents. It was ‘tormenting in the Spirit’. I wanted to give up zillion more times than you would ever imagine but i did not all because of my Best Friend. He is always there for me, embracing me in His arms. That is all that I need ; nothing else.

I have some friends that took the same route as me and they look inferior when they see their ex classmates. I used to try to be them and thought to myself… this is not something to be ashamed of, you do not need to be inferior. However, today when i saw them, i felt the same way. I did not have the courage to wave bye to them when they did.. Not because i feel ashamed, but because of my carnal mind that was thinking… ‘why am i still in this school…’

Do not ever assume how people will feel. Because at the end of the day, if we don’t share the right shoe size, we will never fit in…

The reason that keeps me on is all the encouragements from my true friends( I know who you are), His grace & mercy, love upon my life. Well, you may think that i am strong, but this is really the reason why i am.

loving You more and more each day Lord…

Dear God,

thanks for loving me just the way I am, and its because of You that i can move on.. Lord, take all of me in exchange of all of You. I love you..



All that I am, all that I have,
I lay them down before You, O Lord.
All my regrets, all my acclaims,
The joy and the pain, I’m making them Yours.

Things in the past, things yet unseen,
Wishes and dreams that are yet to come true.
All of my hopes, all of my plans,
My heart and my hands are lifted to You.

Chorus:

Lord, I offer my life to You,
Everything I’ve been through
Use it for Your glory.
Lord, I offer my days to You,
Lifting my praise to You,
As a pleasing sacrifice.
Lord, I offer You my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

:)

Hi dearest babes and dudes! THANK YOU FOR VISITING THIS BLOG! Really appreciates those of you who still reads this blog of mine... Finally, I have decided to move on to another blogging platform which IMHO, is so much faster and efficient! Definitely x 1000000 will not be deleting this blog which I have started with way back in 2004. Forms so much of my teenager life etc... :) However, for updates, it is time to relink! ;) CLICK HERE to continue to be part of my life (say until very serious like that hor? HA! but yeah, I know you guys do get what I mean! Hehehehe) See ya there! XOXO, JAS

20.10.2010 - A Special Day Indeed

I was just tweeting this (below) as one of the tweets on 20.10.2010 - " 20th Oct'10. Wonders if there would be a lot o newly weds on this dae. Ha. Happy birthdae Germaine!" Surely, as mentioned in news, it was a day where there are a lot of newly weds... but it is also a special day for me!!!! Finally, after a long long long wait, I got my I phone 4!!!! :D:D Currently still waiting for the data plan to be activated. By tmr, I was told! Well, the main purpose of this post is to... THANK ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED IN GIVING ME THE CAPITALAND VOUCHERS! :D Reallyyyyy feel that this gift serves its purpose well! Cos I ended up paying just a lil... :)) so once again, thank you Ken, GX, Rina, Zixiu, Irene, N266 and even my sis!! XOXO Jas

Random Avenue

PTL! completed my faith assignment... but there is lots lots more catching up to do!! JIAYOU JASMINE CHEANG SEOW HUI! hahaha.... reading 'beliver's handbook' now... will i become like this after reading this? (52 chaps) NO, i will not, I know and is so sure! I will be able to be so mightily blessed! Okay, just being really random here, but just wanna cheer myself and you guys up! LET'S DO IT! ;) ok chiong ah!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhahahahaa.....